Content drives your comments! Comments fit into three tiers:
A Tier 1 comment is very general and simplistic. It doesn’t add much of anything to the post. Example: Your blog is cool. Please check out mine! A Tier 2 comment adds information to create a brief conversation within the comment. A commenter might compliment the writer in a specific way or add new information. A Tier 3 comment makes a connection by sharing common experiences. Another option is to end the comment with a relevant question, which often leads to an interesting conversation.
Watch this video made by Mrs. Yollis and her students for an in-depth look at leaving meaningful comments:
According to Kathleen Morris, quality comments means
- writing the comment like a letter (greeting, body, closing, signature).
- using correct spelling, punctuation and spacing.
- re-reading the comment and editing before submitting.
- complimenting the writer in a specific way, asking a question, and/or adding new information to the post.
- writing a relevant comment that is related to the post.
- not revealing personal information in the comment.